- 1 Why your marketing performance problem is really a measurement challenge – Marketing Land (marketingland.com) – Jun 20 2018
- 2 The Main Reason Your Digital Marketing Campaign is Failing (And How to Fix It) (verticalmeasures.com) – Jun 19 2018
- 3 5 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Cheap SEO Packages (searchenginejournal.com) – Jun 18 2018
- 4 A Simple Formula To Land Top-Tier Editorial Links To Support Your SEO Campaign (semrush.com)
- 5 LinkedIn Expands Sponsored Content Offerings With Carousel Ads – Search Engine Journal (searchenginejournal.com) – Jun 13 2018
Why your marketing performance problem is really a measurement challenge – Marketing Land (marketingland.com) – Jun 20 2018
Topics: email marketing, multiple devices, marketing effectiveness, direct mail, key performance indicators, consumer experience, digital channels, data source
- If you’re not seeing the number of leads, conversions, sales or other key metrics you’re looking for, finding out what’s not working and knowing how to fix it is tough.
- Because they use multi-touch attribution, s/he knows VPs of marketing and media can report on which channels are driving business objectives for each target audience.
- She asks the managers of paid search, display, email and their e-commerce site to use multi-touch attribution to report on cross-channel interactions before deciding how to best allocate her quarterly budget to reach Q3 targets.
- In the meantime, she asks the media analyst to report on which ads in the rotation are driving conversions at the highest rate for that campaign so she can direct her SEM specialist to pause the weaker performing ads.
- By combining the power of audience and attribution, its marketing intelligence solutions provide the real-time insight brands and agencies need to optimize marketing and advertising performance by audience segment and drive the online and offline success metrics they care about most.
The Main Reason Your Digital Marketing Campaign is Failing (And How to Fix It) (verticalmeasures.com) – Jun 19 2018
Topics: content marketing, digital marketing, target audience, case study, business owners, weekly basis, fourth quarter, subject matter expert
- We assign a well-seasoned digital expert to clients and they coach them through all aspects of digital marketing, make weekly assignments and hold the client accountable for producing their own content as well as coaching them on other important aspects of digital marketing.
- The CEO of the company, as their best internal subject matter expert, wrote the content and published at first on a weekly basis and then twice a week.
- The difference in results says it all: Organic traffic up 30% YoY (the increase is great, but not compared to Client A) No data was concentrated on the number of leads or revenue, due to not implementing.
5 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Cheap SEO Packages (searchenginejournal.com) – Jun 18 2018
Topics: business model, competitive advantage, high volume, search engine optimization, organic search, financial capital, necessary resources, online marketplace
- The Importance of SEO
- Why You Should Avoid ‘Cheap’ or ‘Affordable’ SEO Packages
- 1. Cheap Packages Can’t Deliver Even Basic SEO Requirements
- 2. Sub-standard Link Building Doesn’t Move the Needle
- 3. One Size Definitely Does Not Fit All
- 4. You Have No Leverage to Hold Cheap SEO Firms Accountable
- 5. Cheap SEO Providers Can’t Deliver a Long-term Strategy
- The Last Word
A Simple Formula To Land Top-Tier Editorial Links To Support Your SEO Campaign (semrush.com)
Topics: Google, search query, search term, specific topic, pop culture, competitive advantage, infographic, anchor text
- The obvious one is the fact that such publications hold a great DA or Trust Score (or whatever metrics you are tracking link quality with) but aside from this, it is the fact that they are hard to come by.
- This is great for those who can devise a way to land links from top-tier publishers as it is a great way to gain a competitive advantage; especially if you can gather momentum and earn these links on a regular basis.
- Don’t be tempted to produce the content and tell the stories you think might be covered unless there is a hook to your brand; journalists will see through your attempts to land coverage.
- If what you are coming up with is more of an educational nature, it may be that it is an excellent piece of cornerstone content which can rank highly on the SERPs and help to educate users through your sales funnel, but it may never land links.
- Think like a PR, execute like an SEO (always looking for links; ethically, at scale) and you will start to evaluate your content concepts differently and, ultimately, increase the success of campaigns and be in a far better position to discount at an early stage those which just don’t stand a chance of landing coverage.
LinkedIn Expands Sponsored Content Offerings With Carousel Ads – Search Engine Journal (searchenginejournal.com) – Jun 13 2018
Topics: Linkedin, product manager, beta test, sponsored content, multiple pieces, real person, coming months, single piece
- Carousel ads are said to stand out more than other types of content in the LinkedIn news feed due to their interactive and eye-catching nature.
- According to Linkedin, 75% of businesses who were able to beta test sponsored content carousel ads said they would use them again.